Find me a person that doesn’t love sprinkles. I want to tell them to their face that they’re crazy. Sprinkles. They just make everything so much more fun. And couldn’t we all use an extra dose of fun on Mondays?
I think so. That’s why I’m bringing you these sprinkle pudding cookie bars.
And as if sprinkles weren’t enough, I topped them with these cute frosted animal cookies. Because, why the heck not? In case you’re curious: yes, they do taste as good as they look.
The secret here is in the instant pudding mix. A couple of months ago I made these banana pudding cookie bars and discovered how truly amazing pudding cookies are. They are just so… soft. Soft and crumbly and delicious.
From the flavor to the sprinkles to the texture to the animal cookies, I just love everything about these adorable little bars. They appeal to both the eyes and the taste buds. They are also super easy and quick to make. The dough comes together like standard cookie dough. Cream the butter and sugar. Add in the eggs, vanilla, and our new favorite cookie ingredient (pudding mix). Stir in the dry ingredients. Throw in sprinkles and crushed up cookies, just for fun. Press the dough into a pan.
Top it off with some animal crackers. Bake for approximately 13 minutes. Wait for bars to cool (warning: this is the hardest part). Then cut them up and enjoy one… or five.
Then go bring some to your friends because they deserve sprinkles on Mondays too.
And because having an entire pan of these around is a dangerous thing.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (3.4 oz) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup animal cookies, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl of an electric mixer, cream together sugars and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour mixture. Stir until combined.
- Fold in the cookie chunks and sprinkles.
- Put the dough into the prepared pan and press until even. Then press animal cookies on the top of the dough. I did 5 columns and 4 rows (20 total).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let bars cool completely before cutting and eating.