It is cooolllldddddd here, 20 degrees cold. AND it snowed. Not a light-dusting-melt-right-away snow, but rather a lots-of-inches-stick-to-the-ground snow. I’m not going to lie, I kind of like it. (Don’t hate me!)
When the weather gets like this I crave a few things: Christmas movies, hot tea, and knitting (also accepted: red wine). I know, it’s way to early for Christmas movies, but Lifetime and Hallmark are already airing them on the weekends and I just cannot resist. Cheesy Christmas movies are my absolute fave. Sometimes, they can get to the point of extreme cheesy where it’s almost uncomfortable to watch. But still. Everyone overcomes obstacles and falls in love and believes in Santa Claus. That’s a good world to live in.
Knitting is to Christmas movies like peanut butter is to jelly, so I just had to bust out the needles and yarn. I met up with a friend on Saturday to teach her how to knit. She was a quick learner and is rocking her way through a scarf! I was able to finish a hat. Then I decided to make a headband too, because I had extra yarn (never throw away those scraps!) and the Christmas movies were still rolling.
Now with all these wintery activities I feel like Christmas should be in two weeks, not Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving (and Black Friday) though, so I’m glad it hasn’t passed by yet.
Anyways, enough holiday talk. Grab a cup of tea and check out these things:
- Ever since I heard this song play during savasana at a yoga sculpt class (the 10:30am Sunday at Yoga Sol!) a few weeks ago I became obsessed. I kept forgetting to ask the instructor what the song was and couldn’t find it (who knew it’d be called Mother & Father?!), but then it popped up on a Songza playlist yesterday. Woo.
- So many delicious brussels sprouts recipes this week: yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum, and YUM!!
- These diy flannel fringe scarves look both cute and cozy. I want ten. You can never have enough scarves, right? I’ll take a break from knitting to make (at least) one.
- Keep an eye out for these kitchen things the next time you are at a flea market. I went to an antique store a few weeks ago and found a small cast iron skillet for $5 – a steal!
- Loved this article about mentoring relationships.
PS- Did you make a wish on 11/11 at 11:11?! I did. But I won’t tell you what I wished for….