I forgot how wonderful the city of Chicago is. I hadn’t been in about 4.5 years, but went last weekend with my good friend Katie to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day. We had a grand ole time gallivanting around the city enjoying champagne and green beer and gallons upon gallons of water (because I just can’t party like I used to).
Besides St. Paddy’s Day shenanigans, the obvious highlight was seeing my friend Julie. We studied abroad together in Berlin 8 years ago (where does time go?!?!!) and I hadn’t seen her in 3 years, which is completely unacceptable, because she’s amazing and I love her and I want to hang out with her all the time. Her and my other Berliners too. *sigh*
But these things are fun like Chicago and Berlin Reunions:
- I would like to eat these cupcakes and wash them down with this this shake, because I’m so in love with tahini and matcha right now.
- This square dowel art is so, so, so, so cool.
- I really want to go to Austin.
- 10 things to do when you feel like crap, because sometimes that’s just how you feel.
- Alchemy is a new gym that opened up in the North Loop in Minneapolis. Their classes are a crossfit-yoga mix. I went to the A10 class with my friend Rachael (AKA The Freckled Foodie) on Monday. It was ahhmazing. My abs are still sore. I will definitely be going back soon… like, next week.
And, what the heck, I didn’t even post any Instagram pictures the whole weekend. Weird, but oh well. Happy Thursday!