A lot of great people were born in April. Like, a lot. My older brother’s was on Monday. Last night my friends and I celebrated two great Katies (W & P) with some cocktails and snacks at Second Home Kitchen + Bar. My grandma is turning 90 (90!!!) on Monday. My birthday is the week after and there are a few more people to celebrate sprinkled throughout the rest of the month and into early May.
It’s ridiculous in all the best ways and makes me thankful for all the wonderful people in my life (whether or not their birthday is in April).
In between birthday celebrations, I’ll continue to read things on the Internet, like these:
- Lemon desserts:blueberry lemon curd pop tarts, lemon crumb muffins with lemon glaze, lemon bars, and blueberry lemon cookies with lemon cream cheese frosting
- Coffee cake donuts, two ways:coffee cake donuts with vanilla glaze & chocolate coffee cake donuts
- These crafts with globes are fantastic and make me want to go on a trip.
- Keeping a gratitude journal can help lead you to success. Feeling grateful is a skill. Let’s practice it.
- Something else to practice: being more self-aware.
Feeling gratitude and being more self-aware are definitely topics that I have been thinking/listening/reading about a lot lately. I’ve been trying to practice more of these things over the last few weeks and can definitely sense a change in my mood and attitude.
Or maybe it’s just the beautiful spring weather here in Denver?
Whatever the reason, I like it all and hope that all of those things continue.
Have the best day.