Time to share my PCT gear list!
I still titled this section “Big 3” despite only having two items. Michael will be carrying our tent, which is the Zpacks Duplex.
Below is what I’m starting with for the desert. I’ll probably have some warmer layers sent to me (thanks in advance, Katie!) for the Sierras, where it’ll be a little colder.
- Sports Bra: Patagonia barely bra sports bra
- Tank Top: Icebreaker sleeveless top
- Long-Sleeve: Patagonia sun stretch shirt
- Hoodie: Melanzana micro grid hoodie
- Rain Jacket: Patagonia rainshadow stretch
- Underwear: ExOfficio give-n-go sport mesh bikini brief
- Shorts: Patagonia baggies shorts
- Leggings: Patagonia centered crops
- Rain Skirt: Zpacks rain kilt
- Socks: Injinji trail midweight mini crew socks
- Extra socks: Injinji trail midweight mini crew socks
- Shoes: Altra lone peak 4 trail running shoes
- Gaiters: Dirty Girl gaiters
- Gloves: Zpacks possum down gloves
- Town dress: Patagonia fleet dress
- Buff: lightweight merino wool buff
- Hat: Outdoor Research papyrus brim sun hat
The accessories, which are a mix of necessities and luxuries. I love all of these things so much!
- Sleeping Pad: Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite
- Trekking Poles: Gossamer Gear LT5
- Fanny Pack: Gossamer Gear hipster*
- Sunglasses: Smith lowdown 2.0 slim chromapop
- Water Filter: Sawyer Squeeze micro filter
- Water pouches: Sawyer 64oz squeezable pouch x2
- Water bottles: Smartwater bottles x2
- Food bag: Hyperlite Mountain Gear roll-top stuff sack
- Odor proof bag: OPSak
- Cold soaking jar: Empty Talenti container
- Spoon: Sea to Summit long spoon
- Headlamp: Petzl Bindi
- Trowel: TheTentLab deuce of spades
- Headphones: Bose soundsport headphones
- External Battery: Anker powercore II slim power bank
- Massage ball: Rawlogy mini cork massage ball*
- Microspikes: Kahtoola microspikes
- Sunscreen: Sun Bum SPF 50 lotion
- Bug spray: Sawyer picaridin inset repellant 3oz*
- Bear can (Sierra’s only): BearVault BV450
I didn’t think it was worth taking a picture of these things or adding links. I think you can imagine what a tooth brush and toothpaste look like. Haha.
- iPhone + charger
- Camera + extra battery + charging cord
- Medical kit
- Diva cup
- Hand sanitizer
- Wet wipes
- Body glide
*full disclosure: Gossamer Gear, Rawlogy, and Sawyer sent me these items for free.
Here it is, the full picture of everything I will be carrying with me on the PCT! Overall, my pack without food and water weighs 10-11 pounds.
Michael and I fly to San Diego tomorrow and then start the PCT on Thursday!