It’s been such a flurry of fun things over the past few weeks!
Here’s the low down:
- My sister’s bachelorette party was two weekends ago. 10 awesome ladies spent the weekend in a house in Breckenridge celebrating Jaci’s upcoming nuptials. It was overcast and snowy the entire time, so no one could actually see the mountains (a huge shame), but we still managed to have a great time. There was champagne, gold dipped wine glasses, lots of snacks, hot tub time, a ridiculously difficult puzzle, movies, more snacks, “Cheers Bitches!”, goldschlager, and an experience with the Breckenridge night life. Too much fun.
- Work over at noosa has been steadily increasing, which is definitely a good thing. I really like working for such a fun brand with such great people. Two articles recently came out about noosa that I thought I’d share: noosa’s Playbook for Gaining Ground on Industry Giants and CO Biz’s 2016 Entrepreneur of the Year.
- I’m trying to increase my running, strength training, and overall activity. I recently joined Class Pass and am loving exploring the fitness scene in Denver. I joined a Thursday night 4×4 volleyball league, which so far (one week in) has been equally about beer and volleyball. I think it’s just a nice excuse to spend the entire night outdoors. I also signed up for the BolderBoulder 10K and Garden of the Gods 10-Miler with some friends, which I’m super excited about. I just got my monthly average up to 100 miles of running and feel that my body is finally accustomed to the altitude. Now I just need to keep running more and keep trying to get faster – a work in progress, always.
- Speaking of running, Nathan (from Minneapolis Running) and I launched an ebook yesterday – A Runner’s Week Of Good Eats! It’s a meal planning guide for runners to help you spend less time in the kitchen and more time working towards that PR. We put a lot of time into this project and I am so excited that it is finally out in the world. Read more about it here and then go buy it here.
- Finally, I am flying home to Minnesota today (chilling at the airport right now!) and then driving down to Sioux Falls for MY SISTER’S WEDDING! My little beanie is getting married and I still can’t wrap my head around it. Her and Seth are going to be the most beautiful couple! I feel so honored to be a part of their day and can’t wait to celebrate with them. I just hope I can keep myself pulled together and not be a puddle of emotions on the floor. We’ll see. My cousin gets married in Minneapolis the next weekend (which I am also super, super excited about), so I get to spend the whole week in between working from home/Minneapolis and meeting up with friends.
And now for some Thursday Things:
- Springtime salads: Greek green salad, cucumber, basil, and watermelon salad, rosemary chicken salad with avocado and bacon, chopped Thai salad with crispy shallots, loaded Greek quinoa salad, and citrus avocado salad with a lemon mint vinaigrette.
- Glue guns are the classic crafting tool. Use it for all of these 18 projects.
- Two great articles about friendship: The Unique Importance of Adult Best Friendship & Things Everyone with a Long Distance BFF Understands.
- After listening to this episode of Comedy Bang Bang, I finally started watching Silicon Valley. It’s both hilarious and painful to watch. I’m obsessed.
- Let’s start everyday with a positive affirmation. I am an unlimited being.
Have a beautiful day!