Holy moly it’s Thursday already! This week has gone surprisingly fast considering it’s the week after a holiday day. Here are some random comments, thoughts, and links for this gorgeous Thursday morning:
- When I was condo hunting a couple of years ago I had a few basic requirements that I was looking for, one of the most important being that it must have a balcony. Luckily I found one. Now that it’s nice out I utilize it as much as I can. I’m either in the kitchen or on the balcony. The two very best places to be! As a bonus I have a nice little view of downtown Minneapolis, which is especially beautiful during that magic evening hour. It’s just enough to remind me how much I love this city.
- I have been struggling with my running the last couple of weeks. Maybe it’s the heat. Maybe it’s the early mornings (5:30am!). Or maybe I’m just out of shape. Whatever the reason may be I needed something to work towards to keep me positive and motivated before I start marathon training in August. So I signed up for the Urban Wildland Half Marathon on August 2. Also because my friend told me to sign up, so I did (easily influenced).
- I have been thinking about switching up my breakfast routine (on a major smoothie kick right now) and was intrigued by Minimalist Baker’s Simple Vegan Omelet. I am not vegan and love eggs, but was still interested in giving it a go. I multiplied the recipe by 3 so that I could use it for a few breakfasts. I am eating it right now (outside on my balcony) topped with fresh dill and salsa. It is delicious! Try it out if you are up for something new!
- A few weeks ago was Popsicle Week and I thought that was amazing. But people, it gets better. This week is Milkshake Week! Is that not the best thing you have ever heard?! I’m drooling over all of them, but especially this Peanut Butter and Brownie Milkshake, the Birthday Cake Milkshake, and this Cinnamon Toast Crunch Milkshake. Gahhhhh. Milkshakes for dinner are totally acceptable, right?!
- One of the bajillion awesome things about summer is going to outdoor music festivals. The Basilica Block Party has been my summer staple since I moved back to Minneapolis. They always have a bunch of great artists and bands playing and it always such a blast. I love just being with a big group of friends listening to the music, dancing, drinking beers, and being young. I’m excited for another round of that again this year.
Hope your week has been going as fast as mine has! Enjoy the rest of it and continue to soak up the summer.
Have a great day! xo