THE PHILLY MARATHON IS ON SUNDAY!!!
I’m not sure if those are caps and exclamation points of excitement or fear. Since I haven’t really been running much (thank you, hip flexor) I’m all like “Running? A marathon? Oh yeah, I’m doing that. On Sunday. Wait… 26.2 miles?! Lord, help me.” As I type this I have nervous waves pulsing through my body.
In the last month I have run approximately 20 miles total split across 5 runs. On Sunday I will attempt 26.2 miles at once. Uuummmm… pray for me, please.
HOWEVER, there are some bright spots:
- My knee and hip feel significantly better than they did one month ago.
- I’ll be traveling with 9 others from my run club. We made awesome marathon shirts after having a Rocky movie night. Their company/encouragement/inspiration will make the whole marathon weekend experience amazing and so worth it.
- Post-marathon Philly cheesesteaks.
Until we talk again (which probably won’t be until post-marathon), here are some fun things to check out and drool over:
- This pie. I want it. Also: this one, this one, this one, and this one.
- I don’t typically hang a wreath on my door, but I would make and hang this felt flower wreath.
- Wrap me up in ALL the chunky knits.
- This watch looks pretty cool, but I do love Garmin. Runners, your thoughts?
- How bada$$ does winter running make you feel?! 0 degrees. Nbd, see you out there. If you don’t share my enthusiasm, here are 6 ways to make it more enjoyable.