My recap of food, fitness, and other fun things from the week!
There wasn’t much consistency this week since I was out of town for the bulk of it. The highlight of the week (month, probably) was definitely Easter dinner.
Let’s just say mom really knows how to put a meal together. I ate 3x more than I needed to, but everything was just so amazing – Riesling-peach glazed ham, roasted purple fingerling potatoes, whole-wheat rosemary buns, cheesy broccoli casserole, kale and Brussels sprouts salad, and cream cheese brownies. Drooooool.
Other than that I basically just finished up all the remaining fruit (oranges) and vegetables (kale, cabbage, mini bell peppers, and broccoli) from the prior week. Nothing too exciting or creative, but I did snack on this awesome beef jerky and cherry trail mix. I’m obsessed.
After a few weeks of speed, tempo, and interval workouts it was nice to have a cut back week and some easy miles.
- Sunday: Easy run. I forgot my GPS watch, but I think it was about 4.5ish miles in 40ish minutes back home in Hutchinson. I was facing some fierce wind on the way out, but benefited from it at my back on the way home.
- Monday: Intervals + Strength. I did a workout very similar to this one in my lovely hotel gym pictured above. 4 x [1-minute sprints (7:30 min/mi) + 1-minute recovery (11:00 min/mi)] followed by a 3 x [3-exercise strength training circuit]. Then I repeated that 3 times for a total of 12 sprints and 3 sets of the following circuits – 1st: dumbbell chest press, sumo squat with shoulder press, triceps dips; 2nd: Bulgarian split lunges, bent-over rows, plank knee taps; 3rd: side leg lifts, biceps curls, Russian twists.
- Tuesday: Easy run. My co-worker told me about a 1.5-mile loop that circled around the Fort Wayne YMCA, so I ran that 4 times. It was windy and I could definitely feel Monday’s workout in my legs, but it was a good run overall! Total = 5.0 miles; 8:59 min/mi pace.
- Wednesday: Cross-training. Squeezed in this quick session after I got from the airport. 30-minute elliptical at resistance 15.
- Thursday: Strength training. I focused on core and upper body, since I was doing my long run on Friday. I did 2 sets of the following circuits – 1st: cable pulls, cable push, plank hand to opposite knee; 2nd: lat pull downs, scaption, weighted side dips; 3rd: biceps curls, cable triceps extensions, crunches; 4th: shoulder press, bent over triceps extensions, plank hold.
- Friday: Long run. It was a beautiful Friday evening for a run! 12.0 miles; 9:01 min/mi pace.
- Saturday: Core Power Heated Power Yoga
OTHER FUN THINGS:
- It was so much fun to be home for Easter. I hadn’t been out to Hutchinson since Christmas and it was nice to have a relaxing weekend with the family.
- My work trip to Fort Wayne was great. I learned a ton!
- It snowed big, wet flakes on Friday morning and then was in the 50s by the afternoon. How weird is that?!
- My friend and I had a co-birthday celebration yesterday where we hopped around Northeast. We started at Bauhaus, skipped over to Indeed, and then wandered over to Dangerous Man. It was a beautiful, sunny day spent with all my favorite people. My sister even made the trek from Sioux Falls to join in on the fun. I’m so lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday and have a great week ahead!