I know for a fact that I am not the only one indulging in all the pumpkin spice things right now. It’s October. ‘Tis the season.
Soon we’ll be obsessed with cranberries and peppermint and gingerbread, so let’s soak up all the pumpkin while it’s seasonably appropriate.
Let’s be real basic.
Let’s make Pumpkin Oreo Bars.
Let’s can’t even.
And let’s not feel bad about.
These Pumpkin Oreo Bars are worth all the cliché’s. They are full of pumpkin and spices and are studded with black and orange Halloween Oreos.
What’s not to love?!
The bars come together quickly with a couple of bowls and a spoon. Combine the dry (flour + spices), combine the wet (butter + pumpkin + sugar), then stir it all together with some festive Oreo chunks. It’s truly that simple.
The result is a pan full of pumpkin-y, spicy, moist, delicious bars that will make you want to tie your hair up in a high bun, put on your best flannel, throw on your Ugg’s, and go do any (or all) of the following activities: watch football, drink lattes, pick apples, see a scary movie, shop for a Halloween costume.
Go do it. I know you want to……………
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup Halloween Oreos, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F. Take two pieces of parchment paper and place them perpendicularly in an 8x8” baking pan. Leave some overhang so that the brownies can easily be lifted out of the pan.
- In a large bowl, stir together the spices, baking powder, and flour. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, and vanilla until no sugar lumps remains.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Stir in the chopped Oreos.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let bars cool completely before cutting.