I’m on a major breakfast smoothie kick right now and am obsessed with drinking this pineapple ginger turmeric protein smoothie for my morning meal.
The great thing about smoothies is that you can load up your blender with so many healthy, delicious things, then in 30 seconds you have a tasty breakfast that keeps you full and energized until lunch.
I love experimenting with different flavor combinations and came across one that I needed to share with you -> pineapple + ginger + turmeric.
It’s kind of amazing.
Not only is this pineapple ginger turmeric protein smoothie extremely delicious, it is also packed with so many health benefits.
- Pineapples are filled with bromelain, which helps with inflammation and digestion, but it is also a strong source of vitamin C to help keep your immune system strong.
- Ginger and turmeric are both fantastic anti-inflammatory agents.
- Bananas are full of potassium and give the smoothie a creamy texture.
- Chia seeds are tiny magical things packed with protein, fiber, omega-3’s, antioxidants, calcium, and manganese.
- Protein powder gives us that extra dose of protein to keep you full throughout the morning.
- Almond milk is a great dairy alternative that is filled with vitamins and minerals.
I realize that a cold smoothie might not be what you want on a chilly January morning, but pair it with a mug of hot coffee and you’ll be alright. Plus, it’s so healthy and delicious that the extra chills are totally worth it.
If you love smoothies, don’t forget to check out this apple ginger cucumber green smoothie that I posted last year!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 scoop protein powder*
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- Add all the ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, and enjoy!