A few friends and I made the 1-hour drive down to Colorado Springs on Sunday morning to check out Garden of the Gods. Oh my goodness, it was so amazing! The park is full of gorgeous sandstone rock formations with a view of Pikes Peak and pretty blue skies. Sometimes I still can’t believe that I live in a place where I can visit such beautiful things so easily.
After Garden of the Gods I spent the rest of the afternoon playing volleyball outside in the park – not a bad Sunday!
Now it’s Thursday and I am…
- Drooling all over this coconut carrot cake cheesecake and gluten-free carrot cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting. I want both.
- Craving really good homemade pizza. Come over and we’ll make some.
- In the middle of reading Me Before You. Soon to be a movie!
- Working on how to get up early to smash a workout. It definitely helps to have an awesome morning workout buddy!
- Oohing and ahhing over this fresh flower wall. Can I plan an occasion specifically to do this?
As a side note, I’ll be posting workouts and recipes bi-weekly (every other week, not twice a week) over on Minneapolis Running. If you’re unfamiliar with the site, it’s a great resource for runners and is full of articles about running, training, recovery, races, and lots of other fun stuff (like workouts and recipes). I highly recommend it! Yesterday I posted this full body dumbbell workout, so make sure to check it out.
And here are some more Garden of the Gods pictures.